FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

15.7.15

TRAVEL | LANTAU ISLAND | HONG KONG


SCENERY FROM THE CABLE CAR
CABLE CAR VIEW 
Last year, during my first visit to Hong Kong, I went to Lan Tau Island to see the Buddha, which I had to do again this time! It's such an exciting experience and you get an insight of how different culture is in different parts of the world. The place made me feel very relaxed, calm and made me re-think and refresh my my mind.


HONG KONG AIRPORT
CABLE CAR BEHIND US
MOUNTAIN VIEW
These are photographs taken from a cable car which took us to the island. It cost $185 hkd for a return trip for a standard cabin.

THE GREENERY AND PATHWAY
PATHWAY AND WATERFALL
PATHWAY
BUDDHA FROM A FAR
We spotted a footpath that leads from the city to the island, which monks use to walk to get to the city from the island,  as the cable car is more of a tourist thing. 

ME AND THE BUDDHA
YUKI WITH THE BUDDHA
When we arrived onto the island there was a platform. Where you can take pictures with the Buddha in the background. The journey using the cable car took about 20 minutes.

SPINNING THE BLESSINGS
TEAHOUSE
THE VILLAGE
THE VILLAGE
You first step into the village which has various restaurants and shops and eventually leads you to the temple and the Buddha.

AT THE CAFE/RESTAURANT
CHAR SUI RICE, LEMON COCA COLA
FRENCH TOAST
Before walking up all them stairs to see the Buddha we needed food in order to get us going . We went to a small cafe and I ordered french toast, a cold lemon coca cola and char sui rice that came with choi sum. It was really good food!! 

ME 
YUKI
SELFIE
THE PATHWAY
COWS SUNBATHING
On the way to the Buddha we spotted a small shelter which we took some photographs, and some cows who were enjoying the sun.

TOWARDS THE TOP
MY CUTIE LITTLE SISTER WITH HER PORTABLE FAN
THE FIRST COUPLE OF STEPS
NEARLY TO THE TOP
WHERE AM I? EXHAUSTED
There are 250 steps on the stairs to see the Buddha. And yes I had to take a break half way through haha, my friend took a picture of me and my little sister when she reached the top.

THE BUDDHA
MY LITTLE SISTER
PHOTOGRAPH OF ME
SCENERY
SCENERY FROM THE PEAK
SCENERY FROM THE PEAK
SCENERY FROM THE PEAK
SCENERY FROM THE PEAK 
When we reached the top the scenery below was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, and the air felt fresh and not humid.

ON THE WAY DOWN
BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS
We made our way down to the bottom and headed towards the temple. And took a quick snap of the length of the stairs we walked.

HUGE STATUE
INCENSE STORE
Towards the temple, there was a shop that sells incense for people to pray, I did not take any photographs during this time because it felt personal and I wanted to to respect the Buddha, monks and people around me. We spent quite a while there, and when I prayed the monks were mediating and the temple was filled with tranquillity and peace.

SUNSET
LEAVING LAN TAU ISLAND
When we left in the cable car,  the sun was beginning to set and it was a beautiful scenery. It's definitely a place where you should visit when you go to Hong Kong on a cooler day. And that the end to my Lan Tau island trip.

Thank-you for reading this, there is more travel posts if you click on the Hong Kong label. And I will be uploading more posts. 

Joyce x 

3 comments:

  1. WOW, those views are to die for!! I've never been to Asia but it's definitley on the bucket list! Gorgeous.

    Jess

    un4tunates.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! The peak is also an amazing place to visit. The tallest place in Hong Kong!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hong Kong looks so beautiful, I would love to go! So pretty.

    www.georginahart.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ JOYCE LAU. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign