FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

14.5.15

DAY TRIP TO YORK

Welcome to my first official #travel post. I do plan on exploring more places this year and this is the beginning of the journey - a road trip. I spent a lovely Tuesday afternoon shopping at the McArther Glen Designer outlet in York, followed by amazing Indian food at the Spice Mill restaurant.

York itinerary :
- 11:30am : Meet Up
- 12:00pm  : Stopped at service station for food .. had McDonald's (Check out my updates on Twitter)
- 14:00pm : Arrived at McArther Glen Outlet and shopped!
-18:00pm : The Spice Mill Restaurant.



11:30 :Meet Up
The original plan was to meet up at 11:00 am however, everyone was running a little late so we did not manage to leave Gateshead until 11:30 am.


This photograph was taken with my front phone camera, so please excuse the quality as it has been blown up. I uploaded this onto my Instagram, so do check it out.


This is the standard car selfie with my besties! We all look soo excited! And then we went for McDonald's at the service station as we all didn't have breakfast.

- 14:00pm : Arrived at McArther Glen Outlet and shopped!

You are probably wondering where the photographs of the outlet is ..... I forgot to take them, BUT I am sharing my delightful purchases.


Purchase 1 : Carvela Shadow in Nude. These were originally £120 and I purchased them for £60 from Kurt Geiger. These are going to be my summer sandals, which I will be taking to Hong Kong. I thought about investing in a pair of summer shoes instead of buying many that only lasts for a season. The synthetic snake skin effect, is just perfect, when I saw them I just had to have them!.


Purchase 2: Another pair of Carvela's, these are called Kestral in Beige Comb. These are originally £99, I purchased these for £49. They may not look fantastic in the photograph, but once they are worn onto your feet, it's unbelievable.  They are a simply court style shoe, the heel height is comfortable with a pointed toe design. The synthetic snake print design sets it different from all others, snake print is can be a classic style too. These are also an investment as I don't own any court shoes in my shoe collection. These are simply amazing.


3rd purchase: Next Sunglasses. I purchased these for £7. It has a grey edge trim, which has a more cool and edgy vibe. These are really affordable and it doesn't break the bank for everyday use. It came with a fabric case.


Purchase 4 : Ted Baker small purse in pale blue. Originally £65.00. I paid £40 for this. There is a coin compartment, with rose gold trim and plenty of space for notes and cards. This purchase was for my little sister as a present.

-18:00pm : The Spice Mill Restaurant.


We went to a local Indian Restaurant in Riccall between York and Selby. The restaurant itself is inside a Windmill. Which is why it's called the Spice Mill.


These are a few photographs of the view from the inside the windmill, it's very tranquil and green, perfect for relaxing.





The amazing food. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Massalla, with onion pilau and garlic naan. This was my first experience in Indian food. And I loved every single bite. The tikka massalla, is a sweet red curry that has a creamy sauce. The chicken was tender and just simply beautiful.

I had a lovely road trip,York is beyond beautiful, the cottages, the green scenery, just takes ones' breath away! I would recommend going there to spend an afternoon. There are a range of designer brands to purchase such as Michael Kors and Paul Smith. If you are looking to pick up something special and does not break the bank. The McArther Glen Designer outlet is the place to go. Next time I want to explore York itself.

Thank-you for reading this long post. Until next time. Bye!
Joyce x

1 comment:

  1. the food looks amazing :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ JOYCE LAU. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign